Saturday, March 3, 2012

Basement organization begins

With the end to the week, the weekend warrior in me comes out.  It started on Friday night, after the baby went to bed - left in a tired stupor, Rachel asked me what I wanted to do.  Too tired to play a game, I responded that I would be willing to watch TV......or work in the basement.  While I was feeling like going to bed, I had recently gone to Home Depot and had some new projects that would be fun to work on.  Decision made, we suited up and headed downstairs for a hot date with some pegboard.

Cabinets installed (but not cleaned) we worked to install outlets that will supply power to the shop.  We roughed in the boxes, ran new wiring, and installed the receptacles.  Success! 


In the morning, we cut and hung pegboard on one wall.  More board will go on the other wall, but I need to decide if any electrical wires need to be moved before I hide them behind the board. 

Finally I put all my electrical supplies in one of the small cabinets - finally, something is put away!

In other neighborhood news, I was disappointed to hear that our friends, Eric and Liz, had their contract cancelled on the house they wanted to buy up the street from us.  They will still likely move into the area, but the likelihood of finding another house in walking distance is almost nil.  Oh well - soon enough I will have a friend nearby to share tools and home improvement projects with.

-alan

No comments: