Saturday, March 30, 2013

Mom's Eye View

It is time for me to get "back" to blogging and share my take on raising two adorable little guys.  Today I'll mostly do it in pictures but I hope to share more of my heart through words in the days ahead.

Daniel is quickly filling out and getting more adorable everyday.  In a few days he'll be three months, but here's his photo from the beginning of March.  

Andrew spends a good amount of time everyday playing "tracks" and "choo choos."  It is fun to see his imagination and fine motor skills develop more and more each day.  He is also getting good at identifying the trains that pass by our home by both sight and sound.  He can be in the other room and say "Metra!" and be 100% correct (other options include Freight Train and Amtrak). 

He also has a passion for helping us cook.  Maybe he just wants to sneak tastes, but he definitely learns a lot on the process.  This week he correctly identified ginger at the grocery store and commonly asks for cinnamon to be added to our dishes.  It is fun to let him get involved even if it means that the clean up might be a bit more involved.  Can you tell I'm proud of my little boy?

Everyone always asks how the brothers are getting along.  I really think their relationship is better than I ever could have expected.  Sure, Andrew occasionally swats or throws toys his way but there are more sweet moments than sour ones.   

Daniel's smile has definitely emerged and brings joy to my heart everyday!  Check out those dimples.  

I think the best thing about getting to stay home is doing "special" projects with Andrew everyday.  Here he was painting and having a wonderful time.  
 This week Andrew and I put together the double stroller.  He successfully threaded the washers as we put on the wheels.  Then we took a stroll in the basement before going out on the open road!
 When we returned from our walk Andrew found some chalk and started to decorate the ground and our lawn deer.  I kind of hate chalk but it is such fun for Andrew that I am warming up to it.

As big brother stayed outside, Daniel took a nap in the poof ball he was wearing on the walk.  It was probably too warm for the day, but it meant I didn't need to put on more clothes/blankets.


 When Daniel woke up he spent some time being absolutely adorable in the bouncy chair.  He really can get that chair rocking.

Tomorrow I will post pictures of our Easter weekend festivities.  Stay tuned.

Rachel

No comments: