Saturday, July 26, 2008

Live from Hong Kong!


Good morning! We survived our trans-pacific flight from San Francisco to Hong Kong and now await our final flight to our new home! I think this was one of the best long flights I've ever taken. I was comfortable the whole time and didn't feel antsy. Cathay Pacific equipped each seat with a TV and had tons of movies and shows to choose from. Their food was pretty yummy as well! Alan slept a lot and I was in and out. Hopefully we slept enough (and at the right times) that jet lag will not be too much of an issue.

It is still hitting me that we are gone and not coming back for some time. We will really miss our life and friendships in Chicago. Thanks to all who made us feel so loved as we left. There were intense feelings of sadness in saying goodbye coupled with unbridled excitement about the adventures to follow.

So now we wait to board the plane, not knowing what lies ahead but knowing this is exactly where we need to be.

No comments: