Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Phew! We're here!

I wish we had some pictures to share, but we have spent nearly all of our time in the city shopping. We have been quite the consumers - Ikea and two different Walmart-esque have benefit so far from our shopping trips. If you have a suggestion for what color we should paint our apartment, please let us know. The internet in our apartment is not online yet, so once we get that we can upload some pictures of our new place. It is really nice! Big (bigger than we need, really), and nicely constructed.

It has been a good experience being here, so far. Here's some initial impressions:

- Ikea is a world in itself. When you walk into this store, no matter what continent, it is all the same.

- Our little corner of the city is much more clean and lush than we thought. Our apartment complex if full of plants and trees everywhere. It makes it look more like a tropical resort than an apartment complex. [I don't know that I will still think of it the same way in the winter, though!]

- I'm happy to walk up 5 flights of stairs to my apartment. I need the exercise.

- I sweat a lot when it is humid.

- Life here is going to be a lot of fun.


Alan

2 comments:

Kat said...

Yeah! You're there! Wow, that does sound like good excercise to get to your apartment! When does school actually start?

Anonymous said...

I have this image in my mind of Rachee RACING to the top of the stairs and walking in the door panting and crashing on the floor...hmm...reminds me of every time you came to our house :-)
-Liz