Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Coolest Animal!

If my 7th grade Life Science class is any authority on the subject, then let it be known: The white tiger is the coolest animal in the world!!



We held a tournament of the class' top 64 favorite animals, and voted animals off one by one. The final four consisted of the white tiger (1 seed), wolf (11 seed), dolphin (8 seed), and panda (11 seed). The white tiger is an ancient symbol of Korea, which won it enough votes to squeak by the wolf, 12-11, in the championship match.

I was upset that one of my favorites - the octopus - was voted off in the first round by the toucan. Really? The toucan?

Afterwards, I showed my students this video, and they all wanted to put it back in the tourney:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/8408233.stm

Back to grading finals!

-alan

1 comment:

Eric and Liz said...

what about the echidna?