Friday, February 5, 2010

Happy New Year! (almost)

春节快乐!

Today was our school's annual Spring Festival (aka Chinese New Year) Celebration! It was a very fun event, with many opportunities for staff and students to showcase their talent.

If there was a theme, it was animals. Our school mascot was well-represented, first by the kindergarten:



And then with frequent visits by some pandas with alien-sized heads:



There were a variety of China-related songs and dances, including this group of Chinese teachers who performed a customary dance of the Yi people (a minority group south of year):



But one of the highlights (no offense, but their were some other acts with more impressive talent!) was the annual parody dance-along, this year set to the song, "Eye of the Tiger." Rachel is second from the left (sorry for the bad camera angle. She did not tell me which side of the stage she would be on!)

So without further ado, I present:
"Year of the Tiger"




[I was also part of the show - I helped sing a simple Chinese Year Song, that is somewhat analogous to "We Wish You a Merry Christmas." But I was nothing compared to the dancing tigers!]

-alan

1 comment:

Eric and Liz said...

NOO!!!!! PRC, please allow these videos! They will give me great joy, I am sure! Plus, they honor your amazing culture!