Thursday, July 7, 2011

Project Update, Day 9 (ish?)

I have not been keeping a regular count of the work done on the kitchen, but I feel it is somewhere around 9 calendar days.  We worked through the 4th of July and the demolition is certainly done.  Eric came over a couple nights ago to get me started on the electrical wiring - thanks for the help, by the way! - which is just about done.  I have to remove the old sink drain today, and prepare for the new location of the drain and water lines once the sink is moved.

I hope to get a plumber in to move the gas line tomorrow, and then we can start drywalling.  Hmmm....I guess the drywall process can begin before the is moved, now that I think about it!

This morning I had to drive to Niles to get a special part that was not carried at the Big Box home improvement stores.  Andrew and I went on a little field trip while Rachel slept in.

Time to work!

-alan

No comments: