Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Toothless?

I do not have proof yet, but the gums are bloody and sharp on the bottom of Andrew's mouth, where 2 little teeth are on their way through.

Rachel was waxing nostalgic about the loss of toothless grins.  I think she will get over it fast when she sees those cute toothed grins!



It has been a long stretch at work.  As a public school teacher I am conditioned to have random government holidays breaking up my month so that I have long weekends and half days.  But alas, they have been few and far between.  So I am looking forward to the refresher of having Thanksgiving week off (ok, I understand the irony of complaining about working when I have WAY more time off for this holiday than anyone else...).  We will travel to Michigan to see Grandma (it has been too long!) and the rest of the Allmens.  Looking forward to the trip!

A month ago, I proposed to my administration two possible extracurricular activities to start up - bowling and Science Olympiad.  Getting different answers about which was a better club, I decided to pursue bowling...and hit a dead end when the schedule had no space for us.  So I went with Olympiad and got us signed up to compete later this winter.  Meanwhile, a spot opened up for girls to bowl, and so of course, I am now suckered into doing both.  We held tryouts for bowling this week, and league play begins Monday.  Unfortunately there was not an overwhelming response, so I am feeling a little desperate in having to plead with girls to commit to join the sport.  I am somewhat confident it will work out, but it is certainly not settled yet; my roster is still TBA.

Science Olympiad will begin in December, and run through to March.  Oh my - so busy!

Ok, on to happier issues - coming home to play with this little guy!


Getting much better at playing while sitting up!

Michelle Obama would be proud - he is doing his pushups!

And crawling faster too!

-alan

No comments: