Monday, February 13, 2012

Go Lincoln!

Today I was off school, in honor of Lincoln's birthday......even though I also have Feb 20 off for Presidents Day, which also happens to honor Lincoln....  But I am not complaining.  Monday is the best day to have off from work, in my opinion.  The week will go by that much faster when you start on a Tuesday!
 
The long weekend afforded us some good family time.  A few home projects, hosting some old friends, and a night out to celebrate Valentine's Day with a babysitter at home watching Andrew. 

Andrew is giving us fits during diaper changes, but his mood about baths have changed considerably.  We abandoned the bathtub entirely, because he never liked lying down in his baby tub.  Instead, he sits up and splashes around in the kitchen sink, while Rachel has fun dressing him up in bubbles.



On Saturday, I successfully leveled and installed the second run of cabinets and countertop in the basement.  Next up - clean out the cabinets, seal the counter, and move on to the upper cabinets.  Lingering questions - do I need to do any patching of the brick on the wall before I put up pegboard?  How will I rearrange the lighting in the basement?

-alan

No comments: