Sunday, February 5, 2012

Workshop progress

I spent some time in the basement this weekend, for I had a relatively easy week and did not have much school work.  Rachel went to visit her sister on Saturday so I had plenty of free time.

Having previously attached support anchors to the flooring, I could now begin to install the first row of cabinets.  The were formerly wall cabinets, so I had to build a support base underneath them to lift them up off the ground and away from the wall.  Once leveled out, I then attached 3/4" particleboard to the top to complete the run of workbench along the wall.



Up next, I will install a base cabinet along the foundation wall, forming an L-shaped workstation.  Then I will add pegboard and some wall cabinets....and finally get around to organizing my tools!






And Andrew, be warned - I will be spending more time in the basement if you keep giving me these dirty looks!


-alan

No comments: