Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Project update, Day 8 (and videos)

It has been a week and a half since starting the bathroom, and the once-overwhelming task of gutting a bathroom is now coming under control.  Since my last update, I have been spending my time working on the mechanicals - the new circuits are complete, with additional lighting and outlets.  New supply lines have been run upstairs so that there will be adequate water pressure (I hope).  Yesterday I started on the shower/bath hookups, which I should be able to finish up today.  The big hold-up has been the new waste line that I have to run for the new bath.  The plan is to run the line down to the basement, parallel to the current stack.  Logistically this works out but there is limited space in the floor to plumb the trap and connections to new venting.  Rachel suggested that we use up some of the space above the drop ceiling in the main bath.  I will investigate this today, and hopefully install those drains.

Andrew has been getting very quick lately.  His walking skills have progressed considerably, so he is able to walk from room to room.  This has led to increased mischief, such as yesterday when Rachel was cooking and discovered that he had left his toys and quietly found his way to the toilet.  Yuck.  Thus begins 2+ years of chasing him around.

But he is still very cute and fun to play with.  Here a couple of recent videos.



Back to work!

-alan

No comments: