Friday, August 1, 2008

First thoughts on food

I've been warned and warned about the food in Chengdu. Hot and spicy, la and ma, etc. etc. I would say this is surely true, but by no means has it been too much to handle. I actually think my digestive system will take longer to adapt to eating so much oil (which everything is cooked in!). We've been eating out a lot, so we have been able to get a decent range of the local cuisine. So far, so good...This is us eating beef noodles at the "bulk market" - an expansive market where we bough fabric to make sheets and curtains.

4 comments:

Kate said...

way to represent, allmens! we americans can handle the spice, too!

Anonymous said...

We see that classy shirt of yours, Alan. Just wanted to give you an update: we didn't win in the playoffs!

Unknown said...

HOT AND SPICY! i like it. hope it doesn't start causing digestive issues.

loved the video of the apartment and all the dancing.

i look forward to continued posts as yall settle in.

Yeahthatgood said...

wish i was there to grab a bowl of noodles with you I heart authentic chinese fare...which I have yet to find in Chicago....