Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Back and ready to rumble...

So Alan and I caught all our flights back to the US and had no problems. It is nice to be back. I should probably write a long extended reflection our last days in China, but I'm too sleepy and I don't want to risk crying before bed. I will share that the night before we left 3 freshman girls stopped by our apartment and gave us a gift on behalf of the ninth graders. It was a mug with the class picture on it reading "We love you Allmens." I guess they took a collection in homeroom when I stepped out and we so sweet to bring it the last night we were in China. Thankfully we hadn't finished packing and had room to bring it back with us! Oh CDIS students we will miss you!

I am particularly impressed with how our first day in the US has gone and want to brag on Alan a bit. He got up and helped with some yardwork in his parents' lawn. Then went for a haircut to look presentable for his 3-4 interviews he will be having in the next few days (woot woot). We then went car shopping and managed to buy a car.

It was fun test driving different cars and seeing what was available in the showrooms/lots. In the end we went with the greenest option in more ways than one. We got a used Prius that has a green paint job albeit a very light shade. We are excited about this car and got a good deal. Thankfully the dealer was patient with our strange situation of being in limbo between 2 states, my drowsiness from jet lag, and our expired drivers licenses!

Now it is time for us to pack again to go for a round of interviews in Chicago. I will be excited when our stuff is finally squared away.

-rachel

No comments: