Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Lost and found

This blog title could have a lot of meanings, particularly due to my long-awaited return to the blog scene.  I (Rachel) want to share how a couple of strangers have recently made my day. 

The first instance came over a month ago.  Alan and I were having some Hecky's BBQ on the lakefill before the Northwestern football game and enjoying the beautiful weather.  We ate our fill and started playing catch right along Lake Michigan.  So I threw a pass, it bounced near our camp chairs then off some of the rocks then more rocks then SPLAT...yes the ball was well on its way to Michigan....


I was determined to get it back, but was unwilling to jump in after it.  So I set out on a quest to find a kayaker (we had seen a few) to assist me in the ball's retrieval.  Luckily, after less than 5 minutes of searching, my hero paddled by and tossed me the ball.  It was a victory, even though NU's game didn't turn out so well.


My next case of lost and found happened Friday.  Alan and I ate a delicious meal at the Polo Cafe in our neighborhood.  We left without my leftovers so I ran back in to get them.  In my rush my wallet flew out of my pocket somewhere on the street.  Of course I didn't notice its absence until we were already home.  We returned to the scene of the folly but it was gone.  I was sad and annoyed that I would have to cancel cards and get new IDs.  As I was in the middle of a call to cancel a credit card the doorbell rang.  Someone had my wallet and was hand delivering it!  I was so thankful!

-rachel

No comments: