Monday, November 22, 2010

Thanksgiving break!!!

I have the pleasure of having an entire week off for Thankgiving.

I had a half day Friday, during which all the teachers showed movies as part of our "International Film Festival."  That was followed by the weekend and an entire week off of classes.  What joy.

I took Rachel to work today (ha!) and drove home in a thundering downpour.  But now it is balmy - long sleeve T-shirt weather.  Crazy November.

So what am I doing with my time?  I attended an econ brown bag lunch at the University of Chicago today - that's right, using my time off to refamiliarize myself with the finer points of academia.....using statistical analysis to make shaky conclusions about how the real world works, and free food.  Oh, and if the catering service at UChicago follows the principles of supply and demand, then business school students there prefer diet to regular at a 2-1 margin.  Interesting!

-alan

No comments: