Monday, February 21, 2011

Showers galore!

We are blessed to have great family and friends to throw us amazing parties for our baby.  Because I am growing our little guy, I get the honor of opening all the fun gifts for the baby.  I can't really remember my excitement level at my bridal shower but these parties have been pretty rad.

The shower season kicked off with a wonderfully coordinated shower hosted by my sister Sarah.  The theme was "B is for..."  All the food and decorations started with a B accompanied with decorative labels. 




B is for blanket made by Grandma Miller


B is for best friends who are great to hang out with...



Fast forward a week....This weekend we travelled to Michigan to get showered by the Allmen family.  It was great to see everyone, eat yummy food, and oogle over the completely adorable cake. 

Alan's mom did a great job giving this amazing concept to the bakers!  I hope this little guy doesn't pop out too soon!

Sharon's fruit salad pram was too cute to eat, but that didn't stop me :-)

Oh yes, the roses are baby socks!  Made by the ever-patient Karen.




The amazing diaper bear made by MomII.

The toughest game of family feud ever...we all had good laughs at our collective incompetence!

More cake shots!  I just can't resist!!!!

It was huge!!!!

With the lovely organizers, we did not get a whole group shot but a lot of other great people were there too!


Sorry this isn't a lovely narrative but it is bedtime.  I look forward to one more shower at church in March.  Overall these parties are awesome to just see everyone in one place and to get me even more excited about the little one on his way.  Feel free to continue to shower us with advice before and after he is born.  We will need it!

-rachel

No comments: