Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Back to school!

My, time flies.  It has been a week and a half since posting, and that is mostly due to my starting work.  Not just teacher meetings, but actual classes.  Today was day #4 with students, and I am starting to get names down.  All the misbehaving ones and all the eager to participate ones.  The quiet ones....sorry, give me a couple weeks.

I am teaching 120 students across 4 chemistry classes and 20+ in an AP Biology class.  It has been a strong start thus far.  It is so much more comfortable starting out year 2 in a school compared to year 1.  Less uncertainty.  Well, let me rephrase.  I am more comfortable with the uncertainty now.

Given that my time is somewhat preoccupied, I will nudge Rachel to post some pictures sometime soon.

I am also in transition from housework to football.  Between school and my obligation to ingest copious amounts of college and pro football, the free time has whittled down to nothing.

On that note, congratulations to Northwestern football, who overcame my doubts and fears to defeat Boston College.  We are 1-0 and look good! 

-alan

No comments: