Sunday, August 28, 2011

Why not?

So maybe this blog is going to turn into a home improvement blog, at the rate I am going. 

First off, the new stove:
It has a convection oven.  I will admit, I am not too sure what exactly that means, other than people really like them and it makes it more expensive.

I also added the cabinet hardware, and leveled all the doors.  Check!

But instead of finishing up the other odd jobs and cleaning the house, I embarked on new projects.  (why?)

We painted the hallway - left up the paneling, but softened/brightened the space with an off-white.  Picture some other time.

More ambitious, I started the process to restore the brick fireplace.  I really disliked the giant white accent in the room, and felt that it would do some good to try and restore it to its brickly goodness.


Unfortunately, it looks like something from a horror flick.  I am using organic non-toxic (relatively speaking) chemicals, so no worry in getting dizzy and making the family take unintended naps when in the living room.  However, it is somewhat less effective and will take a number of coats.  But I am cautiously optimistic that it might be possible to do.  I have a four day weekend coming up after all!

I also cleaned out the garage today.  The mouse poop and the weeds in front of the garage became too much.  Now it is spic and span and holds a vehicle again!  Hooray!  The metal awnings are salvaged, the dry wall thrown away, and old kitchen cabinets are in the basement, ready to receive tools and laundry soap.

Andrew had some rough nights.  He learned to turn over when going to sleep.  But when he wakes up, he realizes that he does not like to be on his stomach, and so he screams.  And drools.  A lot.


But he is getting ready for football season.  Can't you tell he is excited to finally see a Northwestern atheltic event outside the womb?


Rachel says this is the baby Polamalu look.


One last bit of baby news - he got his passport this week.  This trip to Taiwan is coming up faster than we thought!


This week is the first day of classes - orientation Tuesday, classes on Wednesday and Thursday.  Yay school!

-alan

No comments: