Thursday, September 11, 2008

a round of poker and case of pox!

So, I've (Rachel) been delinquent in my posts, so I worked really hard to make you a pretty picture in paint. It is not entirely accurate but it could have been said right?

Those of you who know me well know that I would never have to ask where the brownies are, because I have the highly trained skill of finding and eating whatever is close by! Anyway, back to poker. We had a girl's poker night and I had a great time. I didn't win, but I didn't lose so that was a good thing :-)

I really like my fellow female staff. I sometimes think girls can be annoying and petty but none of them are like that! It is fun to chill with them and get to know them more. This weekend I will attend my first girl's sleepover (high school girls this time) for the club I help out with after school. I am looking forward to a good time but minimal sleep!

OK OK, so I was a little cruel with my blog title, but I had to get you to read on. I have not be stricken with some deadly disease (I hope) but have been attacked by vicious flying monsters aka mosquitoes.

I think they have particularly enjoyed feasting on my flesh while I'm helpless, defenseless, and asleep. I have recently tried to catch them in my hands to no avail (Alan is much better at that). I do like using our handy-dandy electric flyswatter/tennis racket when ever it's handy, although it is disturbing when the poor guy is completely incenerated!

Talk to you later. Hopefully, I have something more exciting to say after this weekend!

2 comments:

Kate said...

thanks for posting rachel!

GraceHYoon said...

hey my fav couple! this is my first time visiting this website! you should send out reminders on it more often! i'm cleaning out my email and came across the email with the blog's location... yay!