Monday, September 8, 2008

Where has my NU football gone?

We are now two weeks into the college football season.

WOOOHOOO! I'm excited!

The highlight of every fall for the past 7 years was using my season tickets to spend Saturday afternoons at Ryan Field in Evanston, watching my alma mater take on foes from throughout the Big Ten. They are far from the best team to follow. They merely strive to reach the middle ranks of the Big Ten. Most of my friends who I graduated with could care less about the team. But it does not matter to me that they are far from the national spotlight - they represent my school and they are pretty darn entertaining to watch!!





Sadly, those days are gone.

[Now before I get all weepy, I should insert that I cannot complain too badly - I saw their win over Syracuse in its entirety, and I saw the first half against Duke. Not bad for being across the ocean and not having only 1 TV channel in English.]

But I am left tonight in suspense. Because of the time zone difference, halftime against Duke coincided with when I had to leave to go to church on Sunday morning. Go figure. Now the dilemma - I have a slight hope that the ACC website I bought the video from will archive the games and release them by tomorrow. So I have been avoiding ESPN and my college football sites as I await the possibility of watching the rest of the game. Chances are, I am waiting for nothing. Yet, the anticipation and nervousness builds. Did they win? Sigh.

Go Cats!

-alan

1 comment:

Kate said...

i love your devotion to wildcat football