Thursday, October 2, 2008

Back from trip #2!

We just returned earlier today from our school staff retreat near Dujiangyan. We stayed at a nice resort away from the city - a big complex that included all types of fun activities like rock climbing, bowling, tennis, boating, etc. I liked the location!

We stayed in a faux-European section of the resort, which was complete with its own columns and statues.




[this was actually one of the more tasteful and appropriate statues in the place - think about ancient Greeks and let your imagination run wild]

We played around the hotel for the majority of the time, with the highlight being a fantastic game of ultimate frisbee. I'm a little sore today, I'm not afraid to admit!

We also had some serious time to talk about our school and its involvement with Earthquake relief. I helped play some music during this time. Perhaps I'll find some pictures, because I know they were taken. In all, it was a good balance. Exercise, sleep, food, meetings, and of course....

GAMES!


Unfortunately, neither Allmen triumphed in this game of Catan. Rachel sabotage my one good shot at victory a few rounds before the game ended....

Now we've got the rest of the week off for Chinese National Day. Tomorrow - Ikea. Time to finish decorating this place. The painting is done, and pictures will be posted on that soon as well.

-alan

1 comment:

Kate said...

oh you can bet my imagination is running wild...