Sunday, October 12, 2008

Brrrr....a cold heart

Much of that cold heart comes from today's weather. The sun is shining, but it is clearly fall in Chengdu. The air is struggling to warm up, leaving a cool breeze to send shivers down my spine when I walk down the exposed hallway to copy some quizzes for 7th grade science. Though Rachel is "not worried anymore about the winter," I'm afraid. Very afraid.

I'm sure there is a nice school in the Caribbean I could have gone to instead...

But part of that is also coping with Northwestern's first loss of the season, to the rising power Michigan State. (MSU nationally ranked, and UofM losing to MAC teams....am I dreaming?) It was expected, but hard to see nonetheless.


Ah well. I blame it on my brother, who cast his support behind NU in an email to me this weekend.
"I hope all is well with you two. And that'd be pretty cool to see Northwestern win this weekend.

Phil

I figure that after all these years of supporting the Detroit Lions, he's the King Midas of football fans. But what he's making sure isn't gold!!

-alan

No comments: