Saturday, March 28, 2009

a weekend of food

On Friday, literally half the school was gone at a soccer tournament in Tianjin. So even though a lot of our colleagues are out of town, it doesn't mean we are staying at home this weekend!

Last night we went to try a new hotpot restaurant. Their specialty is strips of duck intestines, which I am proud to say we nearly finished a whole plate of. I'd still prefer the beef and shrimp dumplings, but there is certainly a time and place for being adventurous.

While I did not bring a camera, I "borrowed" some from our friend Jing, who put some pictures up this morning.


Tonight, we will go out to try a new Korean restaurant that just opened this week. The other "Korean" restaurant on our street is not Korean at all, so I am interested to see how authentic this place will be.

After that, a game of Settlers of Catan back at our home. Ahhhh memories of Saturday night Catan. I am looking forward to it.

I brought some candles home from school, so theoretically I am prepared to observe Earth hour. Only question is, will our guests go along with it?

-alan

2 comments:

Unknown said...

mmmmmmmm the hot pot looks yummy! how was the korean place?

Kate said...

Catan! how I miss you allmens