Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Another lazy week of summer begins

I love being a teacher.

Not only do I have a meaningful job with decent job security, but I also have summers off. Granted this summer is not completely off, but language classes are nothing to sweat about. Compared to last summer, with all the craziness of travel and trainings, this is going to be a piece of cake.

Monday, I had lessons with a different teacher from last week. My new teacher is our smiley cafeteria director - who continuously encouraged me with hearty zuo de hao's! (good job!) and thumbs up. We reviewed parts of the body, which was quite helpful. Now I am learning vocabulary dealing with sports, which matches quite well with the sports camp that is being held at school this week.

We also went to Auchan (the French grocery store) and stocked up for the summer. We cooked a nice Italian dinner - our first true dinner cooked in a long, long time. I am embarrassed to admit how long it has been!

We have also taken up movie watching. I probably watched less than 5 movies all school year, but we watched 3 in the last week (including movies 1 and 2 of the 'Bourne' series - Bourne Supremacy is next). That is a good sign that we have had time to relax.

This afternoon, we went back to Happy Valley for more roller coaster and water slide fun. Still no long lines =)

Rachel is even [gasp] reading a book right now!

Summer is good. Become a teacher, and you can share in this life!

-alan

No comments: