Sunday, July 12, 2009

Summer induced amnesia

Summer makes you forget.

I have been horribly bad at remembering to bring things and where I put things lately. I don't think that I am going crazy, but the change in routine and general care-free days of summer are seriously hurting my credibility lately. To get our scooter out of its underground parking we are given a small plastic tag that we are to turn into the guard. I think 4 days in a row I forgot it! Alan has his on his key chain, but haven't wised up yet.

Additionally, I keep forgetting what "real life" is like during the school year. I am doing a bit of lesson planning, but my life as a teacher seems so far removed from my life as a language student, theme park frequenter and settler of Catan. Even though our colleagues have only been gone for a month, it seems like we have started anew socially, hanging out with new people and finding new ways of entertainment.

This amnesia is mildly annoying in the case of scooter parking, but also refreshing as we see life afresh. With the blank slate of a new school approaching, I hope we continue to push forward and make many new memories :-)

-rachel

No comments: