Wednesday, July 8, 2009

trip?

I was thinking that Rachel and I should go somewhere this month to celebrate our anniversary. There are so many places reasonably close to here that we want to see, so why not go now when we have the time?

I have seriously considered going to Jiuzhaigou, in Sichuan, or to Yunnan province to the southwest. Both places are mountainous and offer quality hiking; Jiuzhaigou is known for colorful lakes while Yunnan has rivers and gorges. Though I have credible local recommendations for each place, both have, coincidentally, been featured in National Geographic in separate months over the last year. So they must be worth it!

I haven't talked about it with Rachel yet....and I am almost positive she does not read the blog anymore, so it is safe to post about it here ;-)

-alan

1 comment:

Rachel said...

PLEASE LET'S GO!