Sunday, August 16, 2009

A new year and a new me....

So we officially began school on Thursday. It was nice just working for 2 days and have the weekend to recover :-) All went well in my classes and I'm really excited about the new students at our school. As previously posted, Alan's schedule is more demanding so I am planning to step it up when it comes to doing things outside of school.

Yes, we have a house helper to cook and clean for us, but I am committing this year to at least cook one meal a week. I have to start somewhere right? Last year we barely cooked at all, but I want that to change. I am transitioning from Alan's sous chef to head chef. Let me know if you have any yummy easy recipes that don't involve many exotic ingredients like cheese or Worcestershire sauce.

-rachel

1 comment:

Mrs. Videtich said...

Rachel - you're a girl after my heart letting someone else do the cooking. Deciding what to cook is always the hardest part....

Jenny recommends rollup "appetizers". Jenny's version is garden vegetable cream cheese, sliced turkey, lettuce and shredded (minced) carrots on tortilla. Can substitute cream cheese with mayo or honey mustard.

Danielle recommends sloppy joes.

I recommend anything on the bbq - less cleanup. Our dinner variety decreased with me working last year. I heard of organized people who cooked on the weekend and froze/refridged for eating during the week.