Friday, August 21, 2009

A week's reflection

The back-to-school season is here. I know it is official, because Carrefour (French Wal-Mart) was decked out with a very American Back-to-School section, complete with designer backpacks, pens, pencils, notebooks, etc. It reminded me of the crazy late-August spending sprees I presided over at Target in the old days.

School is more than a week old, but I feel like the new routines are well in place. I have learned most of the new names and faces, have been grading homework, and giving detentions (those poor, unsuspecting 6th graders!). The increase in my workload, which was a big concern at the beginning of the year, has thus far been mitigated by being more efficient at work. Let's hope that continues once language lessons and the re-accreditation process resumes.

In other news, our trip to Beijing in early October is in jeopardy - more on that later.

-alan

No comments: