Sunday, April 11, 2010

Jobs!

On the China side, nothing much to report. This week we have standardized testing and tech week for the play, so several of my classes will be canceled. We leave in 8 weeks, so not including exams, there are 7 weeks of classes left. Oh, and the spring trips. So 6 weeks of classes. Hmmm. I need to reassess what I can and cannot finish in that time.

But most of the weekend was spent job-hunting. I have already applied to a dozen different schools. (For those of you who are interested, they are: Chicago Bulls College Prep, Christ the King, UIC College Prep, Lindblom Math and Science, Kenwood Academy, Perspectives Charter, CICS Ellison, North Lawndale College Prep, UofC Charter – Woodlawn, Ogden International High School, Senn HS, and Brooks College Prep.)

Those schools all either posted openings, or are expanding to add new jobs. I have more schools on my short list, but it is early in the season and I need not worry yet. I do notice, however, that there are far more chemistry jobs available than Biology or Environmental Science. I have not decided yet if I should just go for one of those...

-alan

No comments: