Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Things you don't hear everyday

The AP Biology test is coming up in another week, so my class is down to the end in terms of preparing for the test. We ended the year with a physiology unit, so I made arrangements to do some dissections for the purposes of comparative anatomy.

Previously, we dissected a cuttlefish (similar to a squid) and a pig kidney. Today, I wanted to dissect a mammal, so I asked my Chinese co-teacher to buy a rabbit (easily available here).

Last week, he asked, "Do you want the rabbit alive, or dead."

After giving it some thought, I replied, "dead."

This morning he left to buy the rabbit. He returned during my 9th grade biology class, which was taking a test. He said,

"I got the rabbit. It is in the lab. I will kill it later."

I'm not sure at this point if I want to go see the poor rabbit or not...

-alan

1 comment:

Eric and Liz said...

haha. more like "things you'll never hear in the US" You would have had kids getting up and leaving their tests, protesting.