Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Nightly Roundup

Before heading off to bed, I thought I should check in on the blog...

Our standardized testing has interrupted the normal flow of this week. The students do not really like it - for obvious reasons - and parts of the test are American-centric, making the task of interpreting results difficult. But there is no perfect test for this group, so...what to do? From the teacher side, it has meant less teaching time. And AP tests are coming up!

There is still work to be done (I hear mostly from Rachel) in prepping for the MUN conference next week. From what I have been able to see, there is room for growth. I am excited to go back to Qingdao - the sunshine will be a welcome site. We are staying at the Shangrila, which is a nice perk!

We will also need to meet with a travel agent tomorrow regarding our spring trip - the price they quoted us was too high, so we need to renegotiate. I hope that we do not have to rework the plan too much. I should be looking forward more to the trip, but Rachel has been doing most of the planning.

Still keeping an eye open on the job front. A couple more applications in, and I should have 2 interviews in the pipeline. Patience!

-alan

No comments: