Saturday, September 4, 2010

It's fall!

Thursday afternoon, I was at work, sweating despite the AC in my room.  Today, I am wearing a sweatshirt.  It was an unexpected though not entirely surprising turn in the weather, that immediately brings to mind the pleasures of fall - long-sleeve T-shirts, leaves changing colors, a new school year, and football.  Fall is a wonderful season, undeniably my favorite.  Not too hot, not too cold, not too rainy.  The temperature fluctuates, but the sun tends to shine.  We somewhat missed fall in Chengdu - the leaves did not change, and the humidity meant we never got that crisp, clean fall air.  So for those reasons, I am excited.

Today is the beginning of the Northwestern football season, and as such will be the first time since 2007 that we will not have to watch the game via internet broadcast.  Can't wait!

-alan

No comments: