Friday, September 11, 2009

easing into the weekend

Unlike last week, I did not stay at work until 8pm. (though Rachel was there until 6:30) I actually wasn't feeling great, so I came home after volleyball.

Speaking of, I think I will be making cuts between now and the next practice. Not fun!

It was a long week - grades were due, and there was a lot of WASC work to be done. I am on the leadership team for our WASC self-study - the meaning of the acronym is not important, other than to know that this is for our school's continuing accreditation. What that means for me is some extra meetings and work. I am still undecided if this work will be beneficial for the school, or if it is busy work. I'll be doing me best to insure the former comes true.

In other news, I have been quite excited by the start of the football season. Fantasy football, Pick'em, and the Big 10 season have brought me back to the internet in a big, bad way. Of particular trouble for me is laketheposts.com - a fellow Blogger site that tracks Northwestern football with more depth than I thought possible. I am happy though, because it feeds my insatiable desire to know all things NU despite living thousands of miles away.

This week, they face Eastern Michigan in another yawn-fest. Of course I will watch, but I am more intrigued to see what comes of the ND-UofM and USC-OSU matchups. Thank you Slingbox!

Rachel is out now at English corner, but I stayed home because I was not feeling up to it. I should get some extra sleep tonight.

I rarely remember my dreams, but this week I had two vivid dreams involving flying to the US for Christmas - in both cases, I did stupid things that caused me to miss my connecting flight to Chicago from Shanghai. I hope these are not prophetic dreams.

-alan

No comments: