Sunday, September 13, 2009

What games!

I love football season! We watched NU-EMU, a little but of UMich-ND, and OSU-USC this afternoon. The Slingbox has been a little screwy the past week (Seems like there have been bandwidth restrictions, but when we use the VPN it improves. Weird.), but the feed was watchable.

It was great - all 3 games were down to the final seconds. The first one was horribly, horribly disappointing, considering how bad a team EMU is. Sure makes NU look mediocre, for us to only beat them by a last second field goal.

The Michigan win was good to see, because I would root against ND no matter who it was.

The OSU game was a classic letdown moment, and I must admit I did not see it coming, after watching the USC offense sputter all night long. The Big Ten really lacks that killer instinct. And I suppose this game made it official - the Big Ten is a shell of its former self, and it cannot keep up with the likes of the SEC, Big 12, and Pac 10.

But the politics aside, I appreciated being able to spend a lazy Sunday afternoon watching GOOD games, no matter the outcome.

Time for bed - and back to work in the morning.

-alan

No comments: