Saturday, October 24, 2009

G'night post

Rachel went off to bed around an hour ago - she is feeling a little sick and needs the extra rest. I stayed up to work on a few things (and to read through some previews of the NU football game) - and I am glad I did, because there was a large and noisy truck in the empty lot behind our building pushing dirt around. It did not start until around 10pm, and finally finished up a few minutes ago at 11:20pm. It's the kind of thing that people would probably call the police about to complain in America. Here, it is just another night.

We rested most of today, due to both Rachel's condition and our being at school late last night to help chaperon a middle school party. It was fun, but hectic. Lots and lots of tweens hyped up on sugar with the weekend ahead of them...you can imagine. I am still not quite recovered enough for significant social interactions.

Tomorrow, we have the NU-Indiana homecoming game to look forward to. I've got my hopes up for a win. Don't disappoint me, boys!

-alan

No comments: