Friday, January 29, 2010

Did Ole' Man Winter kick the bucket?

It's been a lovely week in Chengdu, weather wise. We've had multiple days with some sun, and temperatures have gone up along with it. Today I finally cracked - the air had such a sense of spring that I turned off the heaters and opened the windows. Fresh air does a body good...well, maybe not here!

This weekend will be quiet, as Rachel left early this morning for a 2-day meeting in Shenyang - where it will be sunny but certainly much more cold! I have an afternoon of grading ahead for me, with hopes of being caught up by Saturday night. I finished a particularly taxing middle school project today, which filled up the lesson plans nicely but left my classroom and patience in tatters on a daily basis. I can breathe a sigh of relief.

We have only 4 days of classes next week, and then we begin our Chinese New Year break. It's hard to believe we will be leaving the country in a little more than a week! This sure is one vacation we are not prepared for.

-alan

No comments: