Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Update?

It's been a week since we have been on the blog, and I feel a little ashamed! (Rachel was once told by a friend..."tell your husband to stop being lazy and start updating the blog")

Things have been....hard to describe. A lot of big stuff has happened in the last week, and though it has not been stressful, I have not had much opportunity to come online and type about it.

We connected with a landlord in Chicago - and may have an apartment already lined up. Crazy, right? I will let Rachel tell the story.

I also had a job interview on Monday. It was with Christ the King - a new Jesuit school in Chicago's Austin neighborhood. It is probably the only non-public school that I would consider, because even though it is private, 100% of its students are classified as low-income and most are from the poor neighborhoods of the West Side. I interviewed for an environmental science position. We shall see what happens!

I will post some pictures from last week's Science Olympiad later today....maybe? The weather has turned beautiful. More trees are blooming, and we are getting sunshine (gasp!) and warmth. It is nice to have an early spring!

Time to prep for classes.

-alan

No comments: