Friday, October 29, 2010

Diverging paths

This weekend, Rachel and I will be on different paths.

The sad news is that Rachel's maternal grandfather passed this past week.  She will be traveling to Odessa, TX to visit with family.  Her parents are flying in from Taiwan as well, so the upside is that she will be able to see a lot of family from out of town.

I will be left here in Chicago to fend for myself.  There is no home NU game, no major social obligations....so I get to catch up on whatever school/house work that has been ignored of late.

Today is a half day at school, our first of the year.  We have only 20+ minutes per class, so the day is flying by.  The benefit is that students do not have time to get bored.  The downside is that I am like a boulder when it comes to doing work - unstoppable once I get going, but it takes awhile to get momentum.  But once 11:30 rolls around, I will be on the train home and can worry about all that over the weekend.

-alan

No comments: