Friday, October 8, 2010

Some first's at work

Today marks a variety of milestones.

1) The first major chemistry test of the year.  Reactions ranged from, "Eh, that was it?" to "Oh my gosh I totally failed."  We'll see when the grading is all done.

2) My sinks work in the classroom for the first time.  No more going down the hall to do dishes after lab!  The students can do it themselves!

3) I forgot my lunch, so I had to walk to Jimmy John's for the first time.  Really, every other day I packed in my lunch!  Oh, and alfalfa sprouts are yummy on sandwiches.  (sorry Rachel, I couldn't resist)

Tomorrow we will definitely be going up to Evanston early to tailgate.  It is absolutely perfect weather outside in my opinion, and I am not going to miss out on the chance to chill by the lake.  (which brings up another point - for living less than 2 miles from the lake, we sure do not take advantage of it...)

-alan

No comments: