Friday, May 6, 2011

Busy Day - too busy?

Today was Andrew's first big day out.  Early this morning, we did the parent juggle as we showered, ate breakfast, packed up, and readied Andy for his doctor appointment.  Not bad for a first attempt, but I am sure we can make the whole process a little more efficient with practice.

We made it on time for his 4-day checkup.  The pediatrician gave him a clean bill of health, and earned brownie points with us by affirming his cuteness.  He is gaining weight, and his jaundice appears under control.  He is eating regularly, and pooping and peeing as a newborn should.  What more can we ask for?



From there, we headed to the house for the first time in a week.  We brought Andrew in but I think he just slept through the tour.



The floors have had time to cure, so the smell is not so strong anymore.  Rachel and the baby headed upstairs for a nap while I started cleaning.  The floor sander unfortunately put a fine layer of red oak sawdust all over the house, so it needs to be dealt with before we move in.  A lot of swiffering is in order. Oh yeah, and packing.  Lots more packing.

Back at our apartment, I opened up the grill (for the first time all season, thanks to my laziness) and cooked dinner for Rachel...and the Weddles. 

Rachel is in bed now, while I take the babysitter night shift.  And by babysit, I mean sit with the computer while he sleeps in his vibrating chair net to me.

-alan

No comments: