Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Lessons of love

I am very appreciative for all the well wishers and those who have been excited for us in the last week and a half.  It is great to know that Andrew has fans all over the world and we have a great support network of friends and family. 

We have enjoyed delicious meals prepared by people in our church and I have been supported at home by Northwestern friends (Kate and Katy) who have come over and helped me take care of the wee one now that Alan is back to work. 

I can't help but be overwhelmed by all this love that is poured out upon us.  We are truly blessed!

I am learning my own lessons about love and showing it to my little boy.  Definitely it is a sacrifice of time, sleep, and sanity at this point but it is totally worth it.  I don't have a single poignant anecdote to capture my current feelings, but all I can say is my heart is growing in love each day.

Below are some pictures...I know his fans are getting restless!










-rachel

No comments: