Sunday, June 5, 2011

Baby Dedication!

As I neglected earlier in the weekend, this post will provide more pictures.

This morning was our baby dedication at church.  We came to front, and I spoke about how great a blessing it has been that God has given us this child to take care of.  Rachel and I read a prayer of commitment to do what we can to have a positive influence on Andrew.

Then Luke, the pastor (pictured on the left, below) prayed a prayer of blessing on our family.  We were also happy to have Sarah and Dave come, in a representation of how important other family members will be on him as he gets older.

Above is a shot of us during the dedication ceremony.  Below are some posed shots after the service.
The sermon today was on relationships - and the importance of face-to-face relationships in the Christian life.  I agree, and see this as confirmation of how important it is for us to find a more geographically local church to attend.  We certainly have reason to be sad in leaving our church, for it has been a home and extended family to us since we were married in 2005.  Yet, it will be very hard to maintain those kind of face-to-face relationships now that we live on the Northwest side.  We do not want to be "Sunday Christians."  We need to invest in new relationships in our new neighborhood. 

And some other miscellaneous pictures!





This is Andrew's one month picture.  Most of them are of Andrew crying.  I know Zack likes those, but I thought this face was a little more interesting.
Rachel's unusual camera angle focuses in on Aunt Sarah, holding Andrew at her "Minute to Win It" themed birthday party.  The Allmens did not finish last, but had a poor showing.  My fault, actually.  Though I still think that going first with the double-sided tape provided a distinct advantage!

And finally a video!  See those cute faces?


This week is finals.  I love finals week.  The kids leave early.  I do not have to prepare lessons (my exams are already written).  I can sit back and watch them sweat / get some of my own work done.  It will fly by - and then summer begins.

I just got an itinerary for my conference in New Mexico.  Seems the schedule includes time for field trips and an excursion to Santa Fe.  Sweet!!

-alan

No comments: