Thursday, July 22, 2010

New sights

This week I was able to visit my future classroom, which was a nice treat. I drove over to the campus and met with my principal, who showed me around. Almost all the rooms are being re-done, except the science labs which were finished last year. So I have little to worry about with construction schedules, because my room is ready to go. The lab is nice - ample storage, new furniture, central air/heat, mounted LCD projector, German ergonomically designed stools, the works. Now I just have to come up with a list of supplies I will need!

Another fun new sight was found when Rachel and I walked across the highway to campus of IIT (Illinois Institute of Technology). It is a surprisingly nice campus, considering that it is sandwiched in next to a highway in a highly urban area. But what startled us was the presence of a 9 hole disc golf course! We saw some guys lounging around, suspiciously...but then as we got closer we realized they were just waiting to tee off at hole #4, which is a par 3 in case you were wondering. The only question is, where to get the proper discs so that we can go play??

-alan

[Note: I am trying to resolve the time zone issue, lest people start thinking I am blogging from the future. No, I cannot tell you what lotto numbers to play!]

No comments: