Monday, November 30, 2009

Holiday spirit: 3 in 1

Our PCs are collecting dust - the new Macbooks have been our primary computers as of late. However, I never downloaded the driver for our camera, so we were not able to use the Mac to upload pictures. But today I did it - so you get treated to a plethora of holiday-related pics.

First - Dating WAY back to when I was in Shenyang, Rachel got creative and decorated "pumpkins." Chinese pumpkins are good for eating, but not for carving. So instead, she painted oranges and gave them out to the kids on staff who came by to trick-or-treat. (so healthy - she would not have gotten away with that if I was here!)





Next, some pictures from Thanksgiving. Rachel posted about our baking bonanza - well, see for yourself.





Finally, we can look ahead to Christmas! I bit my tongue when others played Christmas music, because while I enjoy listening to it, I strictly adhere to the only-after-Thankgiving rule. I may be fighting a losing battle on this, I know...



Above is a massive Christmas tree that Rachel photographed in mid-November, while in Singapore.

But I held Rachel off until this past weekend, when we put up our little tree.



It has LED lights, but half of them are out! The red and green ones do not turn on, so it blinks blue and white. Oh well.

On Sunday afternoon, we went out Christmas shopping - so perhaps that, along with the fact that December is only hours away, is what brings the "holiday cheer" to me more. It was a productive afternoon of shopping - I am excited about the gifts we have bought!

-alan

No comments: