Monday, November 9, 2009

Non-NU Weekend Fun

On Saturday we had a relaxing time "downtown." We first took a shopping trip to our favorite sporting goods store and loaded up on some winter gear. Alan bought 3 pairs of gloves and got some new long underwear which he excitedly said he could wear under his current long underwear for 3 layers of protection from the winter chill. We'll see if he gets that desperate. I got a nice purpley-wine colored fleece, refraining from trying to fit into the kid's size that was a more NU purple.

We then went to IKEA and spent a little time shopping and a lot of time loitering. Oh, I love IKEA...it is nice to have one that is relatively closer than schaumburg

My highlight of the day came when went to the tailor and picked up a new suit (which i wore today to model proper MUN attire) and a new pair of pants. I love getting custom made stuff! It fits and it is so cheap!

We then met our teacher friends at the bowling alley for Brian's birthday. I did quite well for myself with scores of 115 and 131. In the first game I had a shot at Alan but I choked...



We topped off the evening with some wings and a little icecream from McDonalds. My belly was a little too full by the end. I'm glad the suit still fit!



-the long lost rachel

No comments: