Sunday, November 15, 2009

Monday morning complain-a-thon

It's hard NOT to complain on a day like today...

1) The weather. Today, I rode to school in the rain...which is normally not nice, but it was made worse by the fact that the high temperature today is 5 degrees. Tomorrow it is only supposed to be 3! This part of the country is not supposed to get that cold. I am sitting in my classroom in a sweater, long underwear, and a hat just to keep out the cold. The forecast calls for snow on Tuesday/Wednesday. But in Chengdu, there is snow MAYBE a couple time per decade. And all this in November. No fair. I do not want winter yet.

2) Grades due Wednesday. I've got some stuff yet to finish. Ugh. Rachel and I spent part of our Saturday and Sunday at school as well!!

3) Substituting. 1st period freshmen English.

4) Cold rain = no tennis today. Most likely.

5) My brother beat me in fantasy football.

6) The fruit flies in my AP class do not seem to be reproducing.

On the brighter side of life, NU won a rivalry game in football against Illinois this weekend; I am going to McDonald's with the boys volleyball team to celebrate today; Rachel is going to Singapore tomorrow so at least ONE of us will get a warm respite from Chengdu; at least my classroom is warmer than Zack's.

-alan

No comments: