Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Volleyball pictures

As promised from long ago, I managed to get some pictures from the volleyball tournament in Shenyang.

We played a total of 5 matches - we lost the first one, but won the next 4. With each match, the boys confidence got higher and higher.



I was not really sure what a "coach" did during the games - there was a limited amount of substituting and direction to give, but most of the work was left up to the players. However, we did have timeouts, so I could give them pep talks.




The gym was big and cold. No heat. So I kept the jacket and hat on the whole day. In the time between matches, the players would wander over to other courts to watch the other CDIS teams play. Many bought panda hats before they went (our school mascot is the panda, of course!), so it was easy to tell which kids were from Chengdu.



Right as we started playing, the middle school girls won their division. I like this image of our panda mascot leaping in the air!



And finally, here is our captain picking up the trophy that our team won. Yay!



I have not actually taken them out to celebrate...but ice cream seems to be in order. Am I right?

-alan

1 comment:

Unknown said...

OH. EM. GEE.
i love those panda hats! do they make them in adult sizes?